Saturday, April 15, 2006

'Left' and 'right': a meaningless distinction?

Over at the Liberal Review, Rob Knight picks up on the debate over the Euston Manifesto - including this blog's 'David Cameron test' - and uses it to make the familiar case that right and left are meaningless terms these days.

Not for me. It's an undeniable fact that the far left has received a thorough-going kicking over the past two decades. But that doesn't give anybody the right to tell me that my brand of politics no longer exists.

Some rightwingers are also proud to defend their creed. Knight links to my old sparring partner Iain Dale, who has a post called 'ten ways to spot a rightwinger'.

If I wasn't just about to jump in a cab heading for the airport, I'd be coming up with an equivalent list from the other side of the spectrum. Suggestions welcome in the comments.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?