Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Night Music Club: gigs of a lifetime



Our topic this week is gigs of a lifetime. Forget about the quality of the music. Tell us about the most enjoyable evening you ever spent watching a band.

I almost opted for one of the several Generation X shows I saw in 1977 here. Somehow, the memory of pogoing to Billy Idol and Co in the front row of the Marquee while wired on amphetamine sulphate encapsulates my misspent youth for me.

But in the end, I have to nominate the Sunday in 1979 a whole bunch of us went to watch Dr Feelgood in Leicester. I was just 19 at the time, and have to confess to a certain amount of yobbish behaviour during this outing.

Hardly surprising really. I drank around 22 pints in 12 hours. So let's just draw a veil over the runner from the curry house and my subsequent arrest for unlawful urination on railway property, contrary to a Leicester bye-law, shall we? I pleaded guilty and was fined a tenner. But that was half a week's wages then.

Courtesy of YouTube, I present the Wilko line up Feelgoods blitzing through a couple of numbers. Dedicated to Paul Anderson, who I know is a fellow fan.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?